Summer is right around the corner, and if you are looking for a unique kid-friendly getaway in the great outdoors, consider taking your crew to Rawah Ranch. We offer the perfect setting for your family ranch vacation with authentic western activities for all ages, such as horseback riding, fishing, and hiking. From our daily children’s programs to the Tiney Hiney petting zoo and family-friendly entertainment, our Colorado guest ranch has something for every family member!
Disconnect from the hustle and bustle and reconnect with your family by creating memories with us to last a lifetime. We hope you arrive as guests and leave as family!
Family Ranch Vacation: Children’s Programs
Rawah Ranch offers activities for family members of every age and a daily children’s program. Our activities coordinators lead the program daily in morning and afternoon, although we add an evening in there on night for a movie night and sundaes! The coordinators keep the kids busy as parents have a chance to explore the ranch and participate in activities on their own. Here are a few examples of activities you can expect for youngsters at the ranch:
Examples of Program Activities at Rawah Ranch
- Dream Catchers: This craft includes making a dream catcher using a simple hoop.
- Guided Hikes: Walking around the ranch to meet animals or bird watch is great for young ones, and a hike to the pond or waterfall is perfect for those that can go a bit further
- Wood Burning: This activity includes burning designs into cut-out wooden rounds
- Rock Painting: Kids find a rock around the ranch and bring it back to paint whatever they want!
- Interactive Counselor-Led Games: We offer guided games of volleyball, four-square, can-jam, capture the flag, and water balloon fights.
- Panning for Gold: Kids will pan for gold in the river behind the lodge with this activity.
Activities for All Ages at Rawah Ranch
In addition to our children’s program, we offer daily activities that can be catered to all ages of guests at the ranch.
- Kids under twelve can enjoy fishing at our pond across the river. Kids over the age of twelve can try fly-fishing on our stretch of the Big Laramie River.
- We offer horseback riding activities for all kids over the age of five. We are happy to help young kids practice in the arena with one-on-one wrangler instruction.
- Kids over the age of eight are welcome to take part in our shooting activities. Our staff are trained in gun safety and will assist in safe handling and shooting.
- Our pond is the perfect place for kids to paddleboard or canoe in shallow water.
- We regularly feature family-friendly entertainment like campfires, star gazing, line dancing, and live music.
- We offer plenty of easy trails for kids to explore, where they can look for animal tracks and spot local wildlife.
Stay In Our Family-Friendly Colorado Cabins
We offer spacious Colorado cabins for your family ranch vacation at Rawah Ranch. Some of our cabins can be combined through a connecting door for families who need more space. For example, Flying Horse East connects to Flying Horse West to create a four-bedroom, 2,000-square-foot cabin. Discover all of our ranch lodging options to find the best property for your family, and start planning your Colorado summer getaway with us today!