As spring and summer slowly creep over the horizon, many families and outdoor enthusiasts will be seeking a well-deserved getaway to celebrate sunnier days and usher in a new season. It’s fair to say that everyone could benefit from a revitalizing retreat rife with fresh air and open space. Although they always seem to have an abundance of energy, the most apparent beneficiaries of family summer vacations are the youngsters. Before we know it, sunshine and warmth will make themselves known, and Rawah Ranch is already preparing a bevy of fun activities for kids to enjoy as they explore the Northern Colorado wilderness and discover themselves. Given the ample supply of rugged beauty surrounding our guest ranch, it’s not difficult to understand why families have been choosing Rawah for decades.
Colorado Ranch Vacation Packages
While some kids have a knack for immersing themselves in the outdoors, others may need a nudge—in which case your participation is encouraged! At Rawah Ranch, we pride ourselves on creating a wide range of programs that cater to the young—and the young at heart. Furthermore, we’ve put together a series of vacation packages that offer something for everyone. From elaborate horse clinics to all-season angler’s retreats and a few things in between, be sure to check out our packages and special event weeks to find new ways to maximize any family summer vacation. Next, we’ll showcase some of our fun activities for kids at our Colorado guest ranch.
Family Summer Vacations | Guest Ranch for Kids
Helping your kids find a balance between exploration and collaboration is a critical part of their social development. That’s why we incorporate group activities into much of our programming. However, we also appreciate those who want to be at their leisure and have considered them as well. To help you and your little wranglers make the most of your family summer vacation, here are some things to keep them busy.
- Arts and crafts take many forms at Rawah Ranch, and our staff is happy to help. Your kids will have the opportunity to design and create dream catchers, leather brands, pyrography designs (wood burning), and painted rocks.
- Nature walks and guided hikes allow kids to explore the wilderness surrounding the ranch with a foray into wildlife viewing, tracking, and an appreciation for Mother Earth. They might get an introduction to fort building!
- The Tiny Hiney Farm is where young buckaroos will learn about horse care and general husbandry. Kiddos will also have a chance to meet with our beloved chickens, goats, and cows.
- Interactive games like volleyball, four-square, can-jam, capture the flag, and water balloon fights are a great way for kids to burn off some of that extra energy.
- Panning for gold in the river behind our lodge will teach youngsters the forgotten art of prospecting.
- Fishing at our on-site pond is an excellent option for children under 12 who sign up for fly fishing. The small pond will give them a much easier chance without fussing with fly rods and reels.
- Horseback riding in the arena is available for children over the age of five. It presents an ideal opportunity to plant the seeds of equine enthusiasm within their impressionable young minds.
Luxury Cabins in Colorado | Guest Ranch Vacations
When looking back on our childhood, family summer vacations are often where the fondest memories reside. At Rawah Ranch, you can allow your children to inherit a love for the great outdoors while instilling in them an unwavering sense of adventure that will undoubtedly build their confidence as they figure out the world around them. After considering an attractive set of Colorado ranch vacation packages, a gamut of on-site activities, and unfettered access to some of the state’s most pristine wilderness, booking a family retreat to Rawah Ranch becomes an easy decision. Please visit our contact page to learn more or call 800-510-7071 today.